Wintery View at Hutchins Marsh

Wintery View at Hutchins Marsh
Wintery view on one of our on-island science trips.

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Two posts in one day - remarkable - Daily Scrivener link

In my first post I tried to place a link to a blog entry located on Edublogs without much luck.  I have surprised myself and copied the entry to my Google.docs account and created a link to this blog entry. Daily Scrivener The Daily Scrivener, a term borrowed from "Bartleby, the Scrivener" by Herman Melville,  is responsible for recording for peers and themselves the most salient teachings in a class.  These daily entries become a record of what has been taught in class and help with recall of information.  I believe the Daily Scrivener is an idea which can be modified for many grade levels and all content areas. Teachers of lower level students may want to provide a simple template for students to complete, while teachers of older and more technologically savvy students could allow for much freer rein in entry design. One note of caution: from personal experience as an adult learner, if not streamlined, one can become so engrossed in preparing their entry that this activity can interfere with full absorption of new concepts presented on the day you are assigned to be the scrivener. I would love to hear your thoughts about the Daily Scrivener.

2 comments:

  1. The Google Docs attachment is very cool - beautiful! I would be interested to hear your experiences or thoughts (and maybe what some of your kids--or parents--have to say) about how technology affects life on an unbridged island.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to check this out. Working on Islesboro must be interesting!

    ReplyDelete